Have you heard that certain story? An urban legend is a form of folklores consisting of stories thought to be factual by those circulating them. Well most people have that’s how urban legends get spread from culture to culture or even person to person. I have done research in class and I have found three urban legends that stood out to me and I will be telling you about them. I’m going to tell you urban legends about Coca Cola, Super Bowl Sunday, and 911.
The first urban legend that I am going to talk about is that statistically women are victim of domestic violence on Super Bowl Sunday than any other time. This urban legend is absolutely false. The reason that this is false and was brought up was because of the drinking involved in the event that men were beating on their wives and significant others because the team was losing or they drunk.
The second urban legend that I am going to talk about is that if you pour some delicious Coca Cola on a raw pork chop worms will come crawling out of the meat. This urban legend is false because it is impossible. Coca Cola is not strong enough for the acid to deteriorate meats and bones of the meat and leave just the parasites in the raw meat.
The third and final urban legend that I am going to talk about is that 911 days after the tragic 9/11/01 in Madrid, Spain there was a train bombing. This was true but, they government does not know if there is a collection. They also believe that al-Qaeda group was responsible.
In conclusion non-factual folklores are urban legends and they should be researched.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment